Earth Day is April 22nd. There are many ways you can go green with your furry friends and have a positive impact on the planet. The following are some small changes that will make a big difference:
- Consider using an earth-friendly cat litter that comes from sustainable, renewable resource such as wood chips or recycled materials.
- Reduce the amount of paper products used to clean up after your pet by using old rags or towels instead.
- Ditch the plastic bag when picking up after your dog. Many stores carry bags that are biodegradable and more eco-friendly.
- Donate old towels, pet toys and bedding to your local animal shelters.
- When refreshing your pet’s drinking water bowl, use it to water your houseplants or garden rather than dumping it down the drain.
- Enjoy nature with your pets by taking a stroll in the park or checking out a new hiking trail.