Thanksgiving brings family and friends together to enjoy delicious food and each other’s company. However, it can also bring some potential hazards to our pets. Here are a few tips to consider and share with your guests to help keep your pets safe and happy this Thanksgiving.
- Provide a quiet place or room for your pet to retreat to during your gathering. Include easy access to water, their pet bed and some of their favorite toys to help them feel safe and relaxed.
- Schedule some extra time prior to your Thanksgiving feast to exercise or play with your pet to help wear them out.
- Avoid sharing table scraps with your pet. Although it’s tempting, it’s best to keep your delicious to yourself as fatty and unfamiliar foods may cause your furry family members to become sick.
- Secure the trash. After your Thanksgiving feast, make sure your trash is sealed and put away so your pet won’t have access to it.
- Help prevent your pet from escaping through an open door or garage, by keeping your pet secured in a separate room or on a leash while guests are arriving and leaving.